Last night marked GQ Australia’s 11th annual GQ Men of the Year Awards, with 18 winners alongside celebrated guests attending a black-tie gala at The Star in Sydney.
The awards recognise and honour extraordinary men who have achieved great success in their chosen field while the whole time remaining true gentleman.
International guests such as Ansel Elgort and Amber Heard walked the red carpet alongside design sensation Virgil Abloh and Australian celebrities such as Dacre Montgomery.
Speaking on the night, GQ Australia editor Michael Christensen said: “Every year when it comes to compiling our extraordinary list of GQ Men of the Year the discussions get heated over who is the most deserving of the coveted GQ trophies. This year was no exception with a list of such deserving winners all showing us truly what it means to be a GQ man – sharper, better and smarter. Congratulations to all our winners.”
The full list of winners is as follows:
1. Solo Artist of the Year – Flume
2. International Icon -Jeff Goldblum
3. Man of Style – A$AP Rocky
4. Woman of the Year in association with Bvlgari – Amber Heard
5. International Sensation in association with Audi -Ansel Elgort
6. Model of the Year -Jon Kortajarena
7. The GQ Legacy Award in association with Bvglari – Heath Ledger Scholarship
8. Sportsman of the Year – Jeff Horn
9. Man of Innovation in association with Audi – Hayden Cox
10. Business Leader of the Year in association with Audi – Alan Joyce
11. Actor of the Year in association with QANTAS -Travis Fimmel
12. Breakthrough Actor of the Year in association with Patrón – KJ Apa
13. International Designer of the Year in association with Patrón Virgil Abloh -Virgil Abloh
14. Australian Designer of the Year – Lukas Vincent
15. Band of the Year – Client Liaison
16. Director of the Year – Taika Waititi
17. Creative Force in association with The Star – Luke Davies
18. Agenda Setter in association with Patrón – Adam Briggs