Insights company, Influencer Marketing Hub, conducted a recent survey to discover how perceptions about the influencer marketing industry have changed between 2017 and 2019.
The company surveyed 800 marketing agencies, brands and other relevant professionals across the globe, to determine their views and build insight into their thoughts on the industry in its current form.
A key finding of the study was that the outlook for influencer marketing is still extremely positive, despite naysayers claiming its dying.
Some of the key takeaways from the report include:
- The earned media (AKA free media) value averages 5.2x per US$1 spent.
- Branding or engagement campaigns bring in 8x return-on-investment (ROI).
- The use of popular hashtags have become more common in the last 2 years.
- Audience relationship is deemed to be the most important factor for brand marketers, when running influencer campaigns.
- "Finding influencers to participate" is the biggest challenge in managing influencer campaigns.
- Instagram is used in 79% of all influencer marketing campaigns.
The below infographic outlines some more of the key results.
Image courtesy of @cartiamallan