Job Title - Fashion & Beauty Writer - Weekly Titles
Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden, Wheels and many more.
About the role
Always across the latest makeup trends? Obsessed with what's hot on the fashion scene? Thrive in a fast-paced environment? If you answered yes to all three of these questions, then this role is right up your alley!
The Fashion & Beauty Writer is responsible for pitching and executing fashion and beauty content across Are Media's coveted weekly titles - Woman's Day, New Idea, WHO, Take 5 and That's Life!. This content will be captivating, inspiring and informative for our beloved readers.
Reporting into the Category Lifestyle Director, you will collaborate with our highly experienced Beauty Editor and Fashion Editor to come up with fun, engaging and fresh content ideas that are individual to each magazines' tone-of-voice and readership. You will work to weekly deadlines for each title - so time management and agility will be two of your strongest skills.
You will also work with our wonderfully creative design and picture research teams to bring your ideas to life, whilst also meeting requests and expectations from magazine editors and editorial directors. Working to and executing advertorial briefs from our brand managers is also a crucial part of this position.
Representing the Are Media brand, and more specifically the weeklies, at external events is also a rewarding part of this position. You will build important relationships in the industry that will assist you in securing exclusive content for the weekly titles along with potential advertising opportunities.
We're looking for a vivacious team player with a true passion for fashion and beauty content and a flair for creative writing. Someone who is overflowing with strategic ideas and has the ability to manage challenges with ease.
If this sounds like you, click that apply button - we can't wait to meet you!
- Produce approximately 10-12 beauty and fashion pages (both double and single pages) every week, some of which will be delegated by the Beauty Editor and Fashion Editor, but others you will be responsible for pitching both to these editors and the Category Lifestyle Director.
- Send image and design briefs to our picture research and art teams on a weekly basis to bring content alive on the page.
- Work to advertorial briefs provided by each magazine's brand manager to meet client expectations and uphold editorial reputation.
- Represent Are Media at external fashion and beauty events whilst building industry relationships to assist with content production and exclusive content opportunities.
- Assist with styling editorial photoshoots when needed - organising, collecting and returning clothing and accessories from relevant brands.
Skills and experience
- At least 2 years of writing experience in the fashion and/or beauty space.
- Experience working in a fast-paced media environment.
- Proficiency in using content management system and editing programs (such as Adobe Creative) preferred.
- Experience executing advertorial content briefs.
Why Are Media?
Join a values based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development Offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
Please apply now and send your CV via the link here.