Cult beauty retailer, MECCA, is thrilled to announce it is reopening its Australian stores, following recent changes to COVID-19 restrictions.
But while doors may be opening, MECCA has confirmed that in line with the guidance of the government and health experts, it has “introduced several protection and social distancing measures to keep our MECCA community – our passionate team members and much-loved customers – safe.”
In a statement on its website, MECCA has outlined the following new rules:
- Restricting the number of people in store. The maximum occupancy at any of its stores will be lower than the recommended social distancing guidelines, to be extra safe.
- Anyone feeling unwell is encouraged to stay at home. The MECCA customer service team will be on hand to help customers order products using virtual services or online.
- All store team members and customers will be temperature-checked prior to entry.
- Hand-sanitation stations will be located at the entrance to stores, at the point-of-sale, and at various other locations within the store.
- Doubling down on the cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces frequently, with dedicated Hygiene Heroes at every store.
- In-store reminders to make sure people are kept at a safe 1.5m distance from each other.
- A no-touch service policy. Customers are encouraged to instead talk to staff about other ways the store can help.
- Product testers are in isolation, but team members will be standby to help safely test anything customers wish to try.
- Registers will be cashless, with staff disinfecting POS and pin-pads between every customer.