With 48,600 votes submitted, Australian beauty lovers have had their say, and the winners of beautyheaven’s Glosscar Awards 2019 are here!
Revealing the most-loved new products and the best solutions to top-to-toe beauty concerns, engaged consumers voted for their favourite new product picks, awarding winners and runner-ups in 43 beauty categories, chosen from 535 product nominations.
This year saw the most even cross-section of both affordable and luxury brands taking the top spots. Long-time favourite Sukin swept up the most awards (four overall wins) and the newly launched male skincare brand HANDSOME taking second place with three overall wins.
Rose stood out as the most popular beauty ingredient with the note featured across three winning products and four runner-ups. It was also found that consumers are more passionate than ever about the facial care products they love and trust, with the skincare category receiving the most votes across the board.
“The most interesting outcome of this year’s award winners was the mix between affordable and high-end beauty products," said beautyheaven senior content producer, Sophie Howe.
"It’s clear that the Australian consumer wants effective beauty products, and isn't afraid to experiment between high-end and budget buys."
A snapshot of the winning products in key categories below:
- Best Foundation: Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF15
- Best Complexion Enhancer: M.A.C Prep + Prime Fix + Matte
- Best Brow Pencil: Benefit Brow Contour Pro
- Best Lips: Nude by Nature Moisture Shine Lipstick
- Best Eyes: Maybelline New York Burgundy Bar Eyeshadow
- Best Cleanser: Sukin Rosehip Nourishing Cream Cleanser
- Best Serum: Sukin Purely Ageless Hydration Elixir
- Best Facial Sunscreen: Cancer Council Australia Face Day Wear Moisturiser Matte SPF 50+ Invisible
- Best Day Moisturiser: Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
- Best Specialist Treatment Product: Swisse Rosewater Balancing Face Mist Toner
- Best Shampoo: OGX Detoxifying + Pomegranate & Ginger Shampoo
- Best Hair Tool: ghd platinum+ styler
- Best Dry Shampoo: Batiste Dry Shampoo - LUXE
- Best Styling Product: muk Haircare Hot Muk - 6 in 1 Working Spray
- Best Treatment: Garnier Fructis Smoothing Macadamia Hair Food
- Best Body Wash: QV Skincare QV Intensive with Ceramides Hydrating Body Wash
- Best Male Skin Care Product: HANDSOME Facial Moisturiser
- Best Nail Polish: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polish Collection
- Best Women’s Fragrance: The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Strawberry Kiss EDT
- Best Product for Babies: Jurlique Baby’s Gentle Skin Care Kit
- Best Ingestible Beauty Product: Nature’s Way Beauty Collagen Shot
To see the full list of winners, click here.