BEAUTYDIRECTORY is a minefield of information with many different sections and intricacies that can sometimes seem rather daunting. To help make things easier for our members, we’ve put together a guide to navigating BEAUTYDIRECTORY so that brands, media and PRs can get the most out of the site.
The brand listings are the most visited section of BEAUTYDIRECTORY. It's where media and retailers come to look for products and find information such as prices, ingredients and company contacts. They can also download high-res images that can be used in magazines, newspapers, on websites and blogs. Any site content that has featured the brand or products is also archived on the listing and can be easily located via the tabs at the top of the brand listing.
There are three different ways you can get to the brand listings from the homepage:
- Click on “Brands”, found in the top left hand corner of the homepage, and then scroll down to find the desired brand.
- Type the brand into the “Enter Brand Name” toolbar found at the top of the homepage. As you start typing the name should appear, click on the brand name and you’ll be taken to the desired listing.
- Click on the category you know the brand falls under (for example skincare, fragrance, hair, make-up etc), and then scroll down to the brand you’re looking for. You can get to categories via two ways - by hovering over the “BRANDS” tab at the top corner of the homepage, or by clicking on the option “A-Z ALL Brands” and choosing the category from options found at the top of the page.
The search bar at the top of the homepage is the best way for you to navigate around the site. Type the topic, product, person or brand you’re looking for into the “Search” box similar to doing a Google search. You will be given some relevant options in a drop down list, alternatively you can click the magnifying glass to find more search results. To filter your results by Article, Product, Event, Industry and Brand News, Brand or Contact, click on the “Filter by content type” option found on the left hand side of the page.
The directories section is an extremely valuable feature of BD. Directories can be accessed by clicking on the desired tab found running across the top of the page under the BEAUTYDIRECTORY logo. The site features six specialist directories.
1. Media - One of the site's biggest directories, the media directory features contact details, best beauty contact and circulation figures of publications throughout Australia. In the media directory you will find national magazines, blogs, vlogs, websites, freelancers, newspapers, trade publications, and health websites and blogs.
2. PR - The PR directory is an A-Z list of beauty PRs as well as the contact details of the company, the team members and the brands they represent. You can also view the social events the PR company has organised.
3. Resources -
- Experts: The expert directory features beauty industry experts who are available for story commentary and quotes. The experts are categorised alphabetically in their fields of expertise - including bodycare, cosmetic surgery, eyes & teeth, fragrance, hair, hands & feet, health & fitness, make-up, skincare, and wellbeing. Each expert’s listing features a brief description of their work and field of expertise, their contact details and the company they work for.
- Resources: The resources directory is the go-to place for PRs planning an event. In this listing, users can find decorations, event management, hospitality staff, audio visual services, photographers, stationery, venues, caterers, entertainment, gifts, models/promotional staff, public speakers and transportation.
FROM THE HOMEPAGE
Everything on BEAUTYDIRECTORY can be found via the homepage. Here is a breakdown of all the content found on the site.
Found in the top right hand corner of the homepage and changed weekly, the Spotlight box features a story about a brand or a brand’s new product to keep you up-to-date with the latest launches and innovations.
Best Practice Guides
Housed below the Spotlight, Best Practice Guides includes a list of educational articles - think everything from how to write a press release to the best time to hold an event.
The right hand side of the homepage also plays home to BD’s weekly feature articles. Each week BEAUTYDIRECTORY brings you an in-depth feature about the latest beauty trends and topics as well as profiles on influential people in the beauty industry.
The rotating Carousel on the homepage is where you’ll find daily news articles as well as the weekly feature from our contributor Elisabeth King. Each week King provides an insightful and in-depth column on what is happening in the beauty industry.
By hovering over the News tab at the top of the homepage, you will be given access to BD’s daily news specifically related to the beauty, health and media industries. BD updates this throughout the day to ensure users stay informed with industry movements, trends, brand developments and hot topics.
A valuable resource for media and brands alike, click on the BDTV tab to be taken through to a list of videos featuring interviews with key industry players, footage of events and brand TVCs.
- Event Review: By hovering on “Events” and clicking on “Event Review”, users are able to access reporting on all the recent beauty events. Find here a wrap-up of what happened at a specific launch as well as a gallery of who was in attendance.
- Event Calendar: Keep up-to-date with all past, present and future events with the BD Event Calendar. This is a great way to ensure you are not planning on holding a beauty event at the same time as someone else.
The Jobs tab is where people can find jobs that are available in the beauty, health and media industries. Brands and publications can send through job vacancies at any time to BD staff members.
Located underneath the Latest News and BEAUTYDIARY sections, On Counter features products that are newly released each month. Multiple months are featured to ensure that both short and long lead-time media are able to find new, fresh products for their publications.
Industry News and Brand News
At the very top of BEAUTYDIRECTORY are links to Brand News and Industry News. By clicking through to these pages, you can get a snapshot of everything industry and brand-related that has happened that month. From staff changes to new brand innovations, be sure to check out these sections each week to stay up-to-date with industry movements and news.
Don't forget, if you need any additional information, details of your company or brand updated, or would like to organise some in-depth site trianing, please don't hesitate to contact BD editor Georgie - email@example.com.