bassike (resort) backstage report - Monday May 31, 2021
Hair by Goldwell hair directors, Pauline Prechonnet and Karine Strachan (of Tribe Lifestyle Group).
"We’ve created a soft, flexible pulled back plait, fastened with ease at the base for bassike’s Resort 2022 runway presentation," said bassike creative director, Deborah Sams.
"Slight texture tousles the polished look to create the distinctly bassike aesthetic, radiating a quiet ease, effortlessness and androgynous feel. The look complements bassike’s Resort 2022 collection, which we created on the premise of finding breathing space amongst the noise. The elevated plait, created by Goldwell’s Co-Hair Directors, Pauline and Karine feels unmistakenly bassike."
Goldwell hair directors Pauline Prechonnet and Karine Strachan created a low polished plait that sits tight at the nape of the neck for the bassike show.
"This classic, polished look is clean and textured with a touch of elegance," said Prechonnet. "We worked with each model’s natural hair to individualise each look keeping it natural, healthy and polished."
Strachan added, "The styling reflects the bassike brand beautifully. It’s effortlessly cool, structured, and androgynous. We’ve included a great mix of Goldwell products to achieve the perfect texture and look to compliment the show."
GET THE LOOK:
1. Dampen down hair with a water spray. Apply Kerasilk Repower Volume Blow-Dry Spray to the root area and Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair 6 Effects Serum to the ends. Gently dry off directing airflow upwards to create soft lift at the root.
2. Section the hair into 2 parts. Section 1 is just below the occipital bone, ear to ear. Clip away section 2.
3. Apply Goldwell Stylesign Creative Texture Hardliner Acrylic Gel to nape of neck and use a tail comb to smooth section and neatly tie off with an elastic as tight and low as possible.
4. Release section 2. Apply a small amount of Goldwell Stylesign Creative Texture Hardliner Acrylic Gel to the roots and mid lengths and Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair 6 Effects Serum to the ends.
If additional hold is needed use Goldwell Big Finish Volumizing Hair Spray. Smooth with a Varis Smoothing Brush or Mason Pearson brush. Bring sections together and secure/tie off with an elastic.
5. Apply Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair 6 Effects Serum to ends and do a 3- strand plait as close to the end as possible. Tie in with black elastic.
6. Finish with Goldwell Stylesign Just Smooth Diamond Gloss.
- Goldwell Stylesign Just Smooth Diamond Gloss
- Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair 6 Effects Serum
- Goldwell Stylesign Big Finish Volumizing Hair Spray
- Goldwell Stylesign Creative Texture Hardliner Acrylic Gel
- Goldwell Kerasilk Repower Volume Blow-Dry Spray
- Varis Smoothing Brush
- Mason Pearson Brush
Imagery credit: Esteban La Tessa