Romance Was Born backstage report - Monday May 31, 2021
Redken Australia hair director, Richard Kavanagh.
ghd creative artist, Natalie-Anne – multi award winning hairdresser and digital influencer
"The hair look for Romance Was Born is raw elegance. Designed to anchor the eclectic nature of the collection, and to bring a sense of grown up simplicity to the runway," said Redken Australia hair director, Richard Kavanagh.
"It’s a finger-combed, wet-look, cinched at the nape into a loose chignon. Inspired by the essence of sustainability and the idea of reworking and recycling, the hair is tough yet elegant, strong and textured, raw yet sophisticated."
Natalie-Anne added, "This year’s hair is super natural, really paired back and undone. We are seeing a lot of natural texture and we will be using the ghd Professional Hair Dryer Diffuser more than ever,"
GET THE LOOK - Redken:
1. To prep the hair, start with an application of Redken Shades EQ Gloss conditioning colour with Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo & Conditioner
2. Starting with clean dry hair, apply a very generous amount of mousse until hair is thoroughly saturated (Guts 10 for natural hair, and Full Effect 05 for sensitised or highly porous hair)
3. Using a wide tooth comb, rake the hair back off the face and pull back into a ponytail tight at the occipital (middle back of the head)
4. Using a diffuser and a hot hairdryer, gently diffuse the hair until it has set and has a high shine finish.
5. Release the ponytail. Using your hands, pull your hair back and loosen up the shape. Twist and pin at the nape into a chignon
6. Finish with Triple Take 32 for extra hold and shape
GET THE LOOK - ghd:
1. Start with clean dry hair, apply a very generous amount of mousse until hair is thoroughly saturated, slicking everything back to get a strong 50’s inspired shape.
Using a wide tooth comb (we love the ghd detangling comb), rake the hair back off the face and pull back into a ponytail tight at the occipital (middle back of the head).
2. Next set the hair using the game changing ghd Helios Professional Hairdryer the high heat and high-speed works to ensure the heat sets the shape without damaging the hair.
Always ensure before you put any heat on your hair to use the ghd Bodyguard Heat Protect Spray Start at the roots and work the heat all the way through to the ends, encouraging that natural texture to come through.
3. Release the ponytail. Using your hands, pull your hair back and loosen up the shape. Twist and pin at the nape into a chignon.
Finish with a generous spray of ghd perfect ending - final fix hairspray for extra hold and shape and ghd final shine spray for shine and finish.
- Guts 10
- Full Effect 05
- Triple Take 32
Imagery credit: @gettyimages