We Are Kindred backstage report - Wednesday June 2, 2021
Schwarzkopf Professional and hair director, Travis Balcke.
‘Wafting’ is the simple hair technique you’ve always wanted. Created with Schwarzkopf Professional products which care for the hair as well as style - wild and free kindred texture is for everyone.
"The technique is effortless and achieves a really naturally beautiful look which looks gorgeous but doesn’t read as over the top," said Balcke.
"It’s the perfect everyday look when you want to achieve something elegant and beautiful but don’t want to look over-styled."
Lizzie and Georgie Renkert of We Are Kindred added, "Schwarzkopf Professional and We Are Kindred share the same vision: to celebrate natural beauty in an inclusive way that speaks to shared values and celebrates what brings us together, rather than what sets us apart, and really celebrates creating a beautiful style with hair that reflects your personality and works with your natural features."
GET THE LOOK:
1. Section the hair out.
2. Apply Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Hylaronic Moisture Kick Spray Conditioner to dry or damp hair, section by section. Comb the hair using a wide-tooth comb, this helps to evenly distribute through the hair.
3. Work section by section again, applying the Schwarzkopf Professional Mad About Curls Superfood Leave-In, scrunching the product into the hair.
4. Divide each section into smaller sections and twist into alternating directions to create slight bends in the hair.
5. Sporadically use a curling iron (suited to the individual curl type). To flat areas, this helps to add definition and enhance natural curl pattern. Keep the curling iron away from the ends of the hair, to keep the natural look.
6. Apply the Schwarzkopf Professional BLONDME Wonders Glaze Mist to the mid-lengths of the hair, which will aerate, separate and texturise the hair, as well as give a natural separation and shine. For volume (only for very fine hair) apply Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Dust It to the mid-lengths of the hair, use hands in scrunching motion to activate the product for a wax-like volume texture.
7. Waft the hair. This is the easiest step, Anyone can do it, and this is the reason you can get away with using minimal products and tools. Grab the hair in two from the front of the head, waft the hair in a waving motion, to aerate, separate and volumise the hair. This gives the appearance of an invisible, modern form of backcombing, as it basically will backcomb the hair for you. This step gives you a modern, undone finish.
For half-up hair – add the following step.
8. Grab the hair from the temples, pull two strands to the back of the head tying the accessory or head scarf to secure. Don’t pull back too tight and soften the hair line by loosening some of the hair from the front and leave some shorter stands of hair loose.
9. Finish by applying Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Sparkler to give a lovely, healthy shine to the hair.
- Schwarzkopf Professional BC Bonacure Hylaronic Moisture Kick Spray Conditioner
- Schwarzkopf Professional Mad About Curls Superfood Leave-In
- Schwarzkopf Professional BLONDME Wonders Glaze Mist
- Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Dust
- Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ Sparkler